Get your High Performance and G1000 (Technically Advanced Aircraft) checkout at the same time!
All HFA courses, you will receive detailed course tracking information for all flights and maneuvers, giving you immediate feedback of your flight(s). HFA uses cutting-edge technology giving our students an excellent tool for improving their flying skills every step of the way.
As with all of our courses, we use a structured, syllabus-driven approach to complete your checkout in the G1000 so we aren’t wasting your time or money. It is our opinion that schools performing G1000 training all in the air are performing a disservice to their clientele. G1000 is a sophisticated avionics package and it is critical for you to understand the basic components before jumping in the airplane. Our detailed syllabus gives you a variety of G1000 scenarios systems failures increasing the likelihood of a positive outcome should you ever need to use your skills!
- Ground Training – This is about 3-4 hours of introduction to G1000, including the VFR and IFR portions. For VFR-only, plan on about 2-2.5 hours.
- Flight 1 – Our first flight is an aircraft familiarization flight that gets you familiar and comfortable with the airplane. We’ll go to a local practice area around San Diego county to do airwork and get used to how the aircraft handles.
- Flight 2 – Our second flight gets you comfortable with takeoffs and landings under a variety of configurations.
- Flight 3 – Our third flight is a VFR Cross-Country flight to either a destination of your choice or one of our pre-defined cross-country routes. We work on the G1000 systems, flight planning, descent planning and systems malfunctions.
- Flight 4 (for IFR pilots) – Our fourth flight is an IFR Cross-Country flight similar to the 3rd flight but includes at least 2 approaches, navigation, emergencies and system malfunctions.
- Flight 5 – Our fifth and typically final flight is the checkout flight. This flight can either be to a destination of your choice or one of our pre-defined cross-country routes. This is an evaluation-type flight to ensure you have met the Plus One Flyers checkout requirements and are comfortable and safe operating the aircraft.
- 75 Hours Total
Cost & Aircraft Rental:
- Aircraft Costs (Approx): $1,600-$2,000
- Aircraft are rented through Plus One Flyers which requires membership to join. Membership is $144 + $37.50/mo should you decide to remain a member. You can cancel membership anytime.
Payment Terms and Conditions:
- Lessons are typically in 3 hour blocks and all clients are billed weekly at $100/hour. Payment is due upon receipt of invoice and prior to following week’s flights. Payment forms accepted are Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, AmEx.